Love and Hate - I John 3:13-24
- Marvel not, my brethren, if the world hate you.
- We know that we have passed from death unto life, because we love the brethren. He that loveth not his brother abideth in death.
- Whosoever hateth his brother is a murderer: and ye know that no murderer hath eternal life abiding in him.
- Hereby perceive we the love of God, because he laid down his life for us: and we ought to lay down our lives for the brethren.
- But whoso hath this world's good, and seeth his brother have need, and shutteth up his bowels of compassion from him, how dwelleth the love of God in him?
- My little children, let us not love in word, neither in tongue; but in deed and in truth.
- And hereby we know that we are of the truth, and shall assure our hearts before him.
- For if our heart condemn us, God is greater than our heart, and knoweth all things.
- Beloved, if our heart condemn us not, then have we confidence toward God.
- And whatsoever we ask, we receive of him, because we keep his commandments, and do those things that are pleasing in his sight.
- And this is his commandment, That we should believe on the name of his Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, as he gave us commandment.
- And he that keepeth his commandments dwelleth in him, and he in him. And hereby we know that he abideth in us, by the Spirit which he hath given us.