The War & The Witness - I John 5:4-13
- For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith.
- Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God?
- This is he that came by water and blood, even Jesus Christ; not by water only, but by water and blood. And it is the Spirit that beareth witness, because the Spirit is truth.
- For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.
- And there are three that bear witness in earth, the Spirit, and the water, and the blood: and these three agree in one.
- If we receive the witness of men, the witness of God is greater: for this is the witness of God which he hath testified of his Son.
- He that believeth on the Son of God hath the witness in himself: he that believeth not God hath made him a liar; because he believeth not the record that God gave of his Son.
- And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son.
- He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life.
- These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.