Receiving God's Word - James 1:19-27
- Wherefore, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath:
- For the wrath of man worketh not the righteousness of God.
- Wherefore lay apart all filthiness and superfluity of naughtiness, and receive with meekness the engrafted word, which is able to save your souls.
- But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves.
- For if any be a hearer of the word, and not a doer, he is like unto a man beholding his natural face in a glass:
- For he beholdeth himself, and goeth his way, and straightway forgetteth what manner of man he was.
- But whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth therein, he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed.
- If any man among you seem to be religious, and bridleth not his tongue, but deceiveth his own heart, this man's religion is vain.
- Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world.